Here is a summary of my experience with Lightroom 1.0:
- It took a little over an hour to upgrade my current library to the new one. My Lightroom Library was around 30GB in a firewire disk so I guess that explained it. Had to be patient when the process below was taking place.
- Considering the amount of pictures I have, I can say that the application is excellent in handling files/folders for organizing your photos.
- When it was over, I had around 3,000 photos with missing links (across 10 albums/folders). It took me around 20 minutes to get all links back together.
- My Beta 4 Develop Presets are also gone! Don’t know how to get them back. I gotta look for articles to get those back!
- I noticed that it took some time to render pictures and I feel that the beta 4 was a bit faster. But maybe it was because the thumbnails were there already.
- 1.0 has a lot of improvements in the Web Module. There are lots of templates to choose from and they render fast!
One thing that still bugs me is this option under the view menu: ‘Enable Mirror Image’. I don’t know what it is used for! When I enabled it, all my images are flipped. Maybe I just have not thought of a use for it yet.
An improvement for the application that should come out in the next version is support for dual monitors. I think this is a must considering that photographers need the extra viewing property for large photos.
If you want to try Lightroom 1.0 now, you may download them from the Adobe Lightroom Site.