Christmas is almost around the corner and if you’re wondering what to get for your special someone who is a gadget geek or a photographer, here are some guides compiled by Scott Kelby and Terry White.
Terry White’s 2007 Holiday Gadget Gift Guide – This is a downloadable PDF that breaks it down for you depending on the person you’re giving the gift to – from a digital photographer, music lover, frequent traveller, computer junkie and to the gadget lover!
As for my own ‘wants’, it would be the following:
- LaCie 500GB External HDD – I think I just can’t get enough of hard drives now. I have several external hard drives to store my files and photos and I still feel I need more! The link above is for the USB version because the Firewire version seems to be out of stock at both Amazon.com and Lacie.com.
- Canon 135mm f/2 L lens – probably Canon’s fastest prime lens! Would be a good addition to my 85mm f/1.8
- Drobo – If this was cheaper ($500 for the case only), I might just have gotten one already…so, I’ll just wait until I absolutely need this. If you haven’t seen what this is yet, you should check out their site!
- HoodLoupe Professional LCD Screen Loupe – very useful when shooting outdoors and the sun is too bright to really see the colors in the LCD of the camera. I still have to think about this more because the 40D’s 3″ LCD is just great! I haven’t had the chance to test it outdoors though.
- iPhone – I may just have to wait when they come out with the 16GB version though…
- Tripod – I think I finally need on, I just have to look what the good ones are (that’s within my budget)
- Lowepro Specialist 85AW – just because I want a new bag to go with my new 40D! hahaha!