Since it’s the last day of 2007, I wanted to look back at what happened to me this year and what I have learned from photography.
- January 2007 – Had 2 great shoots: Iloilo’s Dinagyang Festival and the World Pyro Olympics. I was fortunate enough to have some great captures and I participated in the Readers Gallery section of the Digital Photographer Philippines (DPP) Magazine.
- February 2007 – I got published for the first time in DPP Magazine! This for me is a big accomplishment because I am just starting out in photography and my photos have been recognized by others. Yehey!
- March 2007 – Fortunate enough to go to Sitti’s concert at the Music Museum. She’s a wonderful Bossa Nova artist. Check her out if you haven’t listened to her music. Photos are found here and here. I was also able to attend the Adobe CS3 launch in Manila. This was a great event because Adobe was able to come out with a suite of products that just integrate well with each other. INTEGRATION is the key for apps now.
- April 2007 – the movie ‘300’ came out and I loved the effects/colors they did. I challenged myself to replicate the effect in Lightroom ONLY and not in Photoshop. The photos turned out to be great!
- May 2007 – Was able to complete the Lightroom preset for the ‘300 effect’ and shared it at Inside-lightroom.com. Also got myself the Canon Speedlite 580 EX II as my external flash system and of course, Scott Kelby’s Lightroom Book. Ye!!!
- June 2007 – Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to me!!! I got myself the Apple 23″ Cinema Display to complement my Powerbook. This is a MUST-HAVE if you want to view/edit photos or just movies & tv shows from your computer! I was also fortunate enough to go to visit Singapore and Siem Reap. This was another great photo opportunity as I was able to take a photo of Angkor Wat.
- July 2007 – Went to Chicago for work. I still have to post some photos during my trip here. Ugh, I hate it when I think of the backlog I have in editing/publishing my photos.
- August 2007 – Shopping and sight-seeing at Hong Kong! It’s good to be back there after a loooong time. I haven’t published all my photos yet :(, but here’s a photo of a shark from Ocean Park. I was also able to meet Parc Cruz and Borj Meneses – 2 great Photoshop guys when they did a seminar in Iloilo. I also got the chance to meet Ross Capili (amazing photographer and artist) who introduced me to fine-art printing of my photos.
- September 2007 – had some of my photos printed at Ross Capili’s studio. Gosh, they look great! There is nothing more fulfilling than seeing your actual photo on a frame. I also signed a copy of my Dinagyang photo and gave it to Freska restaurant to complete their “Ilonggo-feel”. If you happen to pass by Freska, don’t forget to order MANAGAT! It’s my favorite fish in the whole world! YUMMY!
- October 2007 – new toy: CANON 40D!!! Plus, another great news – I won 2nd place in Canon’s SMILE 7107 Contest in the Philippines! I was a happy kid when I learned the news. My prize – a Canon Selphy printer. I have some comments about the postcard paper for this printer, so just watch out for it! Hehehe! 🙂
- November 2007 – upgraded to Leopard, got Scott Kelby’s 7-Point System book (great great book!), and went on a trip to Palawan! There’s around 12GBs of photos that I have to sift through so just watch out for the stunning images! I also had my first-ever baby shoot which was used as a photo for my god-son’s baptism invite.
- December 2007 – I haven’t had the chance to go through my Palawan photos and in comes several Christmas parties! Highlights are the shots of the famous Side-A band, and being able to shoot the Atrium’s fireworks display in Iloilo! Thanks to John for giving me the special access to be able to shoot at a great location.
Well, I guess that summarizes my 2007. To all of you, thank you for visiting my site and reading my *boring* entries! 🙂
Happy New Year to you and your families! May the new year bring you prosperity, peace and fun! 🙂