Wow, I can’t believe it was raining the whole day today. I’m just hoping that it will all pour tonight so that we’d have good weather tomorrow. 🙂
Just a cool fact before I start — I can’t believe that there’s 27 walks in the Philippines this year! Last year, we only had 1: the one I led. This is just an amazing growth!
I realized that our meeting place is in an uncovered area! So, in case the weather is bad tomorrow, our meeting place will change. I will meet you guys at the Starbucks area in Greenbelt 3, between Starbucks and Cafe Havana.
Btw, in case you’re bringing a car, weekend rates at Greenbelt Parking is P45. I think this applies to all Greenbelt Malls. Last time I parked was at Greenbelt 5 and it was a flat rate on a weekend.
I also ran across some tips on what to shoot (from Laurie Excell). This is very applicable for us tomorrow.
Some final things to put on your checklist before you go to the walk:
- Get your gear ready. Charge your batteries! That includes both your camera batteries and your batteries for your flash (if you’re bringing one). Make sure to clean your lenses too!
- Empty out your memory cards. You don’t want to go there with a full memory card. You might not be able to take a lot of photos. 🙂 If you have backup or spare memory cards, bring them as well.
- You don’t have to bring your laptop. You might think that we have to upload photos immediately after the walk. Well, we don’t have to! We have a week (deadline of July 25) to upload our photos. I also don’t want you lugging around a big bag tomorrow while walking around. I want us all to be as light as we can be! 🙂
- Wear comfortable clothes, and be ready to bring a jacket in case it rains tomorrow.
- Be there early so we can still talk and I can brief you guys on what will happen.
After the walk, we will all be going to Seattle’s Best. We’ll enjoy a cup of coffee (for some reason, it’s always nice to drink coffee and watch the rain fall) and share our photos/experiences with each other. Thanks to all who gave their feedback on our venue.
Oh, and on the day before the walk, Scott is giving away a freebie to everyone: 1 month free access to Kelby Training Online! This just sweetens the whole experience of the whole walk! You can now enjoy learning Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography from the experts by accessing the training anytime you want! In order to access this, you have to login to our Photowalk Location Page. Right now, the code is still not there, but I will let you know once it’s there.
And if I may leave one final message — I know you will all be competitive (because of the prizes) in taking photos. Just don’t forget that the overall spirit of the walk is for us to be with fellow photographers and just have a great time!
See you all tomorrow!