Fresh news! Lightroom 1.3 is now available for download at the following locations:
Some updates include – support for the sRAW format of Canon, Nikon D3 and D300 support and of course, Mac OS X Leopard compatibility! Yehey!Go and download them now!
Also, Adobe has announced some other updates. See below for links:
It’s been almost a week since I got my spanking new copy of Leopard! One thing I can say – the packaging is great! It’s the same as any Apple product. Installation was pretty easy and fast too. It took about an hour for me to get up and running, although prior to that, I had to wait for around 3 hrs to get an image of my Tiger OS via Super Duper.
Early impressions on Leopard:
- It’s fast and dock is really functional with Stacks there
- Coverflow seems a bit sluggish in my 2yr-old Powerbook (1.67Ghz, 2GB RAM)
- Did not encounter any problems with software. Most of my day-to-day applications run fine including: Photoshop and Lightroom
- I was surprised that my data card Huawei e620 was able to connect with no additional drivers needed!
The only thing that I’m having a problem is with the hardware I mentioned above (Huawei e620 from Globe Telecoms). After several times of connecting/disconnecting to my mobile network, I encounter these problems:
- laptop won’t sleep when I close the lid; If I do successfully close it, it won’t turn back on when I open it again. The screen is just black.
- when I press the power button and select ‘SLEEP’, I get a message telling me to power down my laptop and restart it.
- the occasional black screen… screen just goes black when I am surfing the net (while connected and laptop is not charging). The keyboard doesn’t respond and I am forced to reboot again.
The past 2 weeks have probably been the most time I have restarted my machine. I’m not sure if it’s just a battery problem or a hardware problem. The black screen happened once in Tiger (just before I upgraded to Leopard) so I am not sure what the problem is there. I hope it’s not something with my laptop/hard drive. In any case, I will start the daily backup of my machine and files. I’ll share my backup process next time.
If anyone has encountered the same problem, please let me know the fix! I have researched this and I have not found anything.
One other thing – here’s a good article on how to take advantage of Leopard’s Stacks (from switchingtomac.com).